To Inspire the Generosity of our Community to Create a Lasting Impact.
We do this in four ways:
- We award grants to not-for-profits doing good in the community.
- We help visionary donors practice highly effective charitable giving.
- We provide leadership to make Decatur County a better, more beautiful, more equitable community.
- We award scholarships to ease the financial burden of education for students.
In 1993, a group of concerned volunteers gathered to establish a community foundation in Decatur County. They recognized that this new type of charitable organization would provide something Decatur County never had before: a charitable organization that allows donors to support any type of charity and more importantly, a foundation that is established to last forever.
They worked diligently to establish the organization and gain those first gifts. Each gift was invested into a permanent fund. Those gifts have developed into the existing endowment. Providing over $1.5 million in grants and helping to bring $2 million to the community in Lilly Endowment Funds, the Foundation has become a constant source of financial support to local non-profits.
The volunteers and staff have established a structured group of committees, which actively monitor investments, grants, scholarships, donor relations, and overall operation of the Decatur County Community Foundation.
Our Board of Directors
- Daryl Tressler, President
- Stephanie Kress, Vice President
- Kristi Jarvis, Secretary/Treasurer
- Hank Martin, Immediate Past President
- Drew Young
- Steve Freeman
- Rick Johnson
- Bill Corya
- Jane Obermeyer
To see our committees, click below.