Large Grant Overview
Have an idea to make a big impact on the community? To be a part of the first grant cycle, Intents must be received by February 15; for the second cycle, intents must be received by May 16; for the third cycle, intents must be received by September 15. Intents must be in the Foundation office by 4:00 on those days to be considered in that cycle.
Large Grant Application Process
- Each applicant is required to submit a Letter of Intent which is reviewed to see if it complies with general guidelines. No application will be sent without a Letter of Intent. Form letters will neither be reviewed nor acknowledged.
- Upon acceptance, the applicant will receive a grant application packet.
- A volunteer grant committee will review the completed packet. A member of that committee may contact you or request a site visit.
- Their recommendations are forwarded to the Decatur County Community Foundation’s Board of Directors, who will make final funding decisions.
- The Board may choose to fund the grant as written, part of the grant or provide no funding at all. All applicants will be notified in writing regarding funding decisions.